STAY IN CAMINHOS TRUSTED ACCOMMODATION
STAY IN CAMINHOS TRUSTED ACCOMMODATION
If you are looking for a place to stay when coming to study at Caminhos, why not stay in Caminhos trusted accommodation? We have taken all of the hard work out of finding accommodation and have the best options for you! Most of our students opt to stay in either Homestay or Apartment Share and our rooms are close to Caminhos within 10-15 minutes walking distance from our school.
Why Stay In Caminhos Trusted Accommodation?
1. We do the hard work for you.
We have found the best rooms in the nicest homes and with people we know and trust. The experience you have in Rio is top priority for us! All of the owners and landlords we have known for years. They are part of the Caminhos family too. Renting by yourself in Rio can be hit and miss. Some people won’t let you use the kitchen, some people won’t let you use the washing machine and there might be some weird rules too. At Caminhos we have set standards in all apartments. You will be able to use the kitchen, do your laundry and have access to all of the necessities for a comfortable stay.
2. Stay in the safest areas.
Staying in Caminhos Accommodation means staying in the safest areas. We mostly have homes in Ipanema and Copacabana and only a short walk to our school. If you opt for Homestay suburb, the homes will be further out but close to the metro station so you are not roaming the streets alone.The safety factor is pretty important to us. We want to make sure your stay here is as safe as possible.
3. No hidden fees.
Renting on your own means you might have to pay extra fees like Condominium bills, IPTU taxes, Gas, Electricity bills and other things. These bills can add up and are quite expensive in Brazil. Caminhos have one set price which includes all of these things with no hidden fees.
4. Maximise your time here.
Staying in Caminhos Accommodation means you will be close to our school. You won’t be sitting in traffic for two hours every day. We have all of the apartments close to our school because we know you will want to enjoy all of the activities we have on offer. Our meeting point is always the school. Staying in one of our apartments means going home to grab a quick bite, then meeting back at the school in half an hour to go play beach volleyball or do a capoeira class. The closer you stay to us, the more fun you will have guaranteed!
5. Save on public transport.
It’s no surprise that if you stay further out, the price will be cheaper. This is the same in every country. Ipanema and Copacabana are the two more cosmopolitan and famous areas of Rio. Some students initially opt to stay further out because it’s cheaper but then they realise how much money they are spending on public transport every day going to and from our school. Every time you catch the metro will be 4.80 brl and every time you take the bus 3.80 brl. It ends up adding up and can be about the same price as staying in the best and safest areas (Ipanema and Copacabana)
6. Meet your new family!
If you have chosen a Homestay then you will have an honorary family or host for your time here. It’s comforting to know that you will have someone watching out for you and able to give you some tips on this beautiful city. We have known our Homestay hosts and families for years and they are our family too!
OUR SERVICES TO YOU
Caminhos Rentals & Accommodation is a service we provide to our students to help them find the best accommodation possible close to our school. Between December to March our prices rise a little. If you are enquiring about accommodation during peak periods we advise you first to request a quote.
If you are not sure which accommodation option to choose, please read the below recommendations and see which option fits you best:
- Homestay in Rio de Janeiro: recommended for students wanting to experience the Brazilian culture in Rio and speak Brazilian Portuguese at home (Brazilian lady or family). Read More.
- Apartment Share: recommended for students wanting to socialise and make international friends (average 2-3 people, foreigners & Brazilians). Read More.
- Private Apartment: recommended for students wanting complete privacy (private). Read More.
Homestay: recommended for a person serious to experience the Brazilian culture in Rio and improve their Brazilian Portuguese at home
- Private room in an apartment/house sharing with an older Brazilian lady/family.
- Sometimes owners rent out 2 rooms in their home so you could be sharing a home with another Caminhos’ student too.
- Ipanema, Copacabana and some areas in the suburbs — Homestay Beach is close to the school and the beach, while Homestay Suburb is a bit further out.
- Excellent option for the practise of conversational Portuguese and to develop your Portuguese skills.
- Basic breakfast provided — coffee, tea, bread, cheese, egg and fruits.
- No external visitors — staying with an older Brazilian lady means respecting their home and rules.
Apartment Share: recommended for an independent person wanting to socialise and make friends
- Private room in a share house with other people (mostly aged 20-35 years old).
- Only in Ipanema and Copacabana (beach locations) — most of the apartments are 5-10 mins walking distance to the school.
- Living with younger people — foreigners or Brazilians (University students or young professionals), the focus is on a younger household
- Limited guests — you are allowed to have guests over (but not sleeping) in Shared Apartments, but we ask that you are respectful and mindful of your other housemates and their security.
- Easy access to all cooking and washing facilities.
Caminhos invest time and energy to find the best options for you. We understand that it’s important for our students to have good accommodation with all the facilities of a home – good and fast wifi, air conditioning, fans, desks, 24 hour security, cooking & washing facilities.
Also most of the accommodation is within walking distance to the school (10-15 mins), beach, public transport and most importantly in the safest areas (Ipanema/Copacabana).
Caminhos Rentals & Accommodation have fixed prices with all of the Apartment and Homestay owners and we add a commission charge on top of their prices for our service. We do this because we need to pay income tax over all payments made and also need to cover expenses and time for helping you.
There are no ‘hidden fees’ (electricity, gas, water, internet, cleaner, condominium, IPTU), and in case there is a problem with your accommodation our team will attempt to resolve the situation.
By making an enquiry you are not obliged to book with us. We are happy to help you and provide options so that you can decide what is best for you.
If you would like to check out some accommodation options, you just need to reply to us with 3 things:
- Homestay or Apartment Share?
- Check in and check out dates
- Do you have any special requirements? (Ie. animal allergies, etc)
Once we receive your information we will begin a selection process to send different profiles to you.
CHECK CAMINHOS TRUSTED ACCOMMODATIONS
Caminhos has more than 45 accommodation options for you. Here are a few examples of profiles of homestay and apartments hosts we are partnered with. Please be aware that not all profiles will be avaiable at all times. Contact us so we can find you the better host for your stay in Rio de Janeiro.