- Group Courses run Monday – Friday
- Private Classes run Monday – Saturday
- Group Courses start on a Monday, or Tuesday if Monday is a public holiday
- Class times will be confirmed the Friday before the class commences
Our Group Courses generally run from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm Monday to Friday with a maximum 20-minute break. In some situations, the class may run from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm with a maximum 20-minute break.
Group Courses facts:
- 4 hours per day, 5 days a week – a total of 20 hours per week
- Levels: Beginner (A1), High Beginner (A1+), Elementary (A2), High Elementary (A2+) Pre-Intermediate (B1), Intermediate (B1+), High Intermediate (B2) and Advanced (C)
- If students have learned Portuguese before or know another Latin language they should take our ‘Prova de Nivelamento’ (Proficiency Test) so that Caminhos can determine their Portuguese language level
- Small group sizes
- Workbook included
- Gramática Ativa 1 book required for Caminhos Intensive A1 to B1+
- Gramática Ativa 2 book required for Caminhos Intensive B2 and C
Private Classes are scheduled throughout the week to meet student demand. It’s up to you to let us know how many lessons you would like and what days and times you’re available, and we will find a suitable teacher accordingly.
Private Classes facts:
- Due to the Group Courses typically being held each morning, most Private Classes are held before 9.00 am or after 2 pm
- There is no minimum hours requirement for Private Classes, but the more classes paid for in advance in one transaction the less expensive the overall price
- Skype lessons are available on request
- Minimum 24-hour cancellation policy. We are happy to change or postpone a Private Class with at least 24 hours’ notice. Cancelation for private classes on Mondays should be done before Saturday at 11 am, as we are closed on Sundays.
Brazil has several Public Holidays during the year in which employees have the right to take the day off work. Caminhos closes the school these days and no classes are running. Caminhos normally doesn’t offer compensation for Public Holidays. However, if you have purchased 3 weeks or less, we are happy to give you 1 hour of Private Class free of charge. Students who purchase 4+ weeks at the heavily discounted price, unfortunately, receive no compensation. If there are two or more public holidays during one module (2 weeks duration), Caminhos will decide how to compensate one of these days for all students (either extra time added to classes or a discounted price).
Generally, a minimum of 3 students is needed to open a new Group Course. We have a maximum of 10 students in each class. In the event that fewer than 3 students have registered for a Group Course then Caminhos reserves the right to cancel the course and offer the following:
- Option to enroll at a later date
- Credit towards Private Classes
Normally Group and Private Classes have permanent teachers, but Caminhos can sometimes reassign teachers due to illness, holidays, or other administrative reasons.
Pricing, Payments & Discounts
All prices are in local currency (BRL) and are subject to change. You can secure the current price and avoid future price increases by paying the full course amount in advance.
prices, payment & discount facts:
- Group Courses – Caminhos requires a deposit of $500 to secure your spot
- Full payment for Group Courses must be made on or before the first day of class – cash, online bank transfers, credit cards (+5%) and PayPal (+5%)
- Private Classes must be paid in advance
- We can only offer a discounted price if you pay for your Group Course or Private Classes in one transaction. Weeks and/or hours purchased in the past will not be counted when calculating a discounted price. Discounts are explained in Prices Overview.
Attendance, Refunds & Cancellations
Caminhos does not offer refunds for bookings or reservation deposits. Only under exceptional circumstances or in the case of an emergency — supported by written documentation — will Caminhos allow you to transfer your credit towards another course or will consider granting a refund.
In the event that you don’t show up for your Group Course or you try to change it once the class has already started, you will lose your payment. Attendance is the responsibility of the student. Missed classes cannot be refunded, rescheduled, or transferred to another person.
Courses are valid for 2 (two) years after the payment is made by the students. If you are on a student visa, you can book remaining classes while your visa is valid.
Cancelation on Private Classes: we have a 24-hour cancellation policy. We are happy to change or cancel a Private Class with more than 24 hours notice. Cancelation for private classes on Mondays should be done before Saturday at 11 am, as we are closed on Sundays.
Demand for accommodation is high so Caminhos advises students to book well in advance.
- Students are responsible for following the rules and regulations of their accommodation
- Students are responsible for ensuring that any breakages and damages are reported to the accommodation owner and, where possible, to assist in the repair process and/or pay for the damage if they were at fault
- If there is an issue, misunderstanding or complication between the student and their Homestay family, Caminhos will assist both parties to find a resolution
- Most of the Homestay families have a strict ‘no visitor’ policy due to Brazil’s safety issues.
- In the case of a student or accommodation host being dissatisfied, we try to help in order to find a solution. However, we are not responsible for refunding the student or the host.