Organised by the Ministry of Education (MEC), the Celpe-Bras exam is the only official proficiency certificate in Brazilian Portuguese as a foreign language that is recognized by the Brazilian government. The Celpe-Bras exam is made up of four parts – writing, reading, listening and speaking. Businesses and educational institutions worldwide use Celpe-Bras as a formal certification of a person’s level in the Portuguese language. It is also mandatory for international students in order to enroll in a Brazilian university. The four levels of certification are: Intermediate, Higher Intermediate, Advanced and Higher Advanced. The Celpe-Bras exam is held twice per year in April and October.
Caminhos Language Centre has teachers who are specifically trained to prepare students for the Celpe-Bras exam.
Read more about Celpe-Bras in Rio de Janeiro on our blog.
Our teacher coordinator will create a personalized study plan (according to the timeframe) for the student in order to be prepared for one of the two exam dates. In order to register, you must do it online either in February, March, August or September. Caminhos staff will be more than happy to assist with your application process.
Celpe Bras Highlights
- One-on-one Private Portuguese classes to obtain the Celpe-Bras certification, the Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese for Foreigners (recognised by the Brazilian Ministry of Education).
- The Celpe-Bras certificate is a requirement for admission to Brazilian universities.
- The Celpe-Bras certificate enriches your CV for the Brazilian job market.
- The flexibility to schedule and cancel classes with more than 24 hours notice.
- You choose the date, time, location and number of hours to suit your schedule.
- Qualified teachers who are specifically trained to prepare you for the Celpe Bras Exam.
- Your fee supports Mais Caminhos — our social programme; helping Brazilian kids in need.