Make the most of your stay in Rio de Janeiro and study Portuguese with Caminhos whilst learning how to surf! We’ll take you to Arpoador, one of the best surf-spots in Brazil to teach you how to surf, or to improve your surfing skills.
Arpoador (which literally means the harpoon thrower) is famous to surf enthusiasts because of the WSL championship competition that is held there every year. It is also a popular local hangout spot for surfing Cariocas.
The surfing instructor will encourage students to speak Portuguese whilst they catch the waves, giving you the chance to practice the language in a completely different context.
Each week you will have 20 hours of Portuguese Group Classes (09:00-13:00 Mon – Fri) and 4.5 hours of Surfing classes (1.5 hours of Surf class 3x a week).
The Portuguese & Surfing option, is a popular choice for the more sporty students – so get ready for some waves!
Survival Rio Course Highlights
- 4 hours of Portuguese group classes per day, Monday to Friday (20 hours per week).
- 3 sessions of surfing instruction (the days depend on the waves and weather conditions, 1.5 hours sessions).
- Small class size.
- Free after-class activities every day
- The opportunity to make friends with people from across the globe
- Your fee supports Mais Caminhos – our social programme; helping Brazilian kids in need