Coworking Spaces and Cafés with Internet in Rio de Janeiro
- Thursday January 20th, 2022
- Posted by: Amanda Ennes
- Category: Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro is a busy city and sometimes finding a quiet space with good internet access to study or work is hard. Even though the concept of coworking spaces is still not much popular in Rio, there are a few good cafés with internet and coworking spaces where you can sit down and do some work or study in Rio de Janeiro.
Livraria da Travessa
Bazzar Cafe located in the mezzanine of the Travessa bookstore in Ipanema is great for those looking for a quiet place to work or study.
- Rua Visconde de Pirajá, 572 – Ipanema. Open Monday to Saturday, from 9 am to 10 pa. Sundays and holidays, from 10 am to 9 pm.
Aussie Coffee is a small coffee shop in Ipanema, offering quick meals, lunch options, and high-quality coffee. There is free wifi for customers, and a table so you can bring your laptop and work/study there.
- Rua Visconde de Pirajá, 98 – Ipanema. Open every day, from 9 am to 5 pm.
You are able to work and study with free wifi in any Starbucks café in Rio de Janeiro. Of course, you need to buy something to drink our eat to get access to the internet. But the coffeehouses offer comfortable couches, tables, and outlets for anyone who needs space to get some work done.
- Avenida Afrânio de Melo Franco, 290 – Shopping Leblon. Working hours: every day, from 10 am to 9 pm.
- Rua Visconde de Pirajá, 206 – Ipanema. Working hours: every day, from 7 am to 8 pm.
- Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, 1058 – Copacabana. Working hours: every day, from 7 am to 8 pm.
- Rua Voluntários da Pátria, 89 – Botafogo. Working hours: every day, from 8 am to 9 pm.
Santander bank has launched a café within two of its branches in Rio de Janeiro. Anyone can use their space and wifi to work or study. However, if you are a Santander client, you have a special discount on food and drinks in the cafeteria.
- Centro: Av. Rio Branco, 115. Works from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Copacabana: Av. Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, 599. Works from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
This is one of the best coworking spaces and cafés with internet in Rio de Janeiro. This café has over 300m² divided into several rooms, such as a lounge and coworking spaces. There are outlets and good internet available for customers, as well as a color laser printer. There is also a meeting and conference room you can book if needed.
- Rua Beneditinos, 22 – Centro. Open weekdays, from 8 am to 8 pm. Weekends and holidays, from 9 am to 3 pm.
If you are not only in Rio de Janeiro for a couple of days/weeks and are looking for a more permanent place to study or work, there is a wider range of options for you. Some coworking companies in Rio offer monthly and semiannual plans for cubicles, tables, and offices. Here are some options:
- Coworking Town: Centro and Copacabana.
- Coworking Arpoador.
- CW Place: Ipanema.
- Colmeia Carioca: Botafogo and Centro.
- Hub Coworking: Leblon and Ipanema.
Study Portuguese in Brazil with Caminhos Language Centre. We offer Portuguese courses, accommodation in Rio de Janeiro, and Student Visa for Brazil. Follow our Instagram and Facebook for interesting content and news.